Recovery coaching can be a great addition to your treatment team, or a great first step in forming a team. A recovery coach is there to provide additional support to you throughout your recovery process.
We live in a world where we are constantly surrounded by diet messages and fat-phobia, and this can make the already difficult process of recovery even more challenging. Having the added support of a recovery coach may be beneficial in helping you better manage triggers and stressors as they arise throughout your recovery. As a recovery coach, I use skills from my professional counseling background as well as my personal experiences with recovery to help make your recovery process feel as smooth and supported as possible. Recovery is hard, but having support helps.
Recovery coaching might be beneficial for you if….
- You are feeling like your meetings with your therapist just aren’t quite enough
- You are struggling with managing ED triggers that come up in your day-to-day life
- You are working with a therapist who doesn’t specialize in EDs or doesn’t seem to “get it.”
- You are still in the earlier, contemplative stages of recovery and are unsure if recovery is right for you
- You are struggling to find motivation to keep going, or are feeling “stuck” in your recovery
- You are further along in your recovery process and would like extra support to help you stay in recovery
- You are tired of chronic dieting and obsessing over your body, but aren’t sure where to begin
Recovery Coaching could be beneficial at any stage in the recovery process. No matter where if you are in this journey, if you feel like you are in need of extra support- coaching may be the answer. Send me an email— lets talk and see if recovery coaching is something that’s right for you!